Raising Of Hands During O Christ Oh My King! What You Should Know!

January 15, 2018 / Alonge Michael / Uncategorized / 10 Comments »

Dichotomy in Call to Worship (O Christ O my King. It’s no more a thing of surprise in Celestial Church of Christ, a church with an enriched doctrine and precepts to true worship as we find different versions and displays during our services, hymnal songs are sang with different tones and scales and mode of worship all varies from one parishes to the other, also within a parish.

The focus is on dichotomy in Call to Worship – O Christ O my King. Apparently, some set of people will raise their hands up saluting to the Lord their God (Jesus Christ) and the other set of people will humbly bow to also worship the Lord their God.

The question is, which set of people or group are actually doing the right thing? No, you don’t need to think,  it’s not given to us by human brain, it’s from  God. To give a valid point, different bible passages and also a section in our Constitution will be given to verify that which God requires from us.

In every passages of the Bible,  it is clearly seen that whenever man worship God, angels to God or/and man to man, they go on their knees and bow their faces to the ground.

Genesis (24 vs 26, 24 vs 28, 24 vs 52),

Exodus (4 vs 31, 12 vs 27, 34 vs 8), Joshua (5 vs 14),

1Chronicles 29 vs 20, 2Chronicles 7 vs 3,

Psalms 95 vs 6, Matthew  2 vs 11 and

Revelation (4 vs 10 & 7 vs 11).

Also, to those given Crown (the male Cap), all must remove to worship God (Rev.  4 vs 10). The Celestial Church of Christ Constitution section 83: I quote

“… we should wholeheartedly sing above song and ring the bell to worship (this came much later) and draw near to God forgetting all about this world, kneeling on our knees and our forehead touching the floor in obeisance to Almighty God and in readiness to commune with Him.”

Nowhere in the Bible was it mentioned that hands should be raised up while kneeling to worship. Raising hand to worship was only given to us during Olorun 3ce Oba iye and we should all be on our feet not kneeling down. Even Satan recognises bowing as worship (Luke 4 vs 7). Therefore, I plead, if Satan can give all if Christ should worship him, how much more is our father in heaven.

Let’s retrace our steps and understand the truth about God, don’t let us be gullible or be a glutton, every guidelines to our worship has been laid down. You can’t worship God with the wisdom of your brain. God is spirit, and all who wants to worship Him must worship in spirit and truth (John 4 vs 24).

– Bro.  Salako Samuel

TWITTER: @Celenewsonline

Readers and visitors of #CNO are entitled to, and responsible for the views, opinion and comments they leave on any of the articles on this site. The publisher and Editors of #CNO will therefore take no responsibility for the comments and any other such expression of any reader. Thanking you all for your patronage and time.

10 responses to “Raising Of Hands During O Christ Oh My King! What You Should Know!”

1. Samuel Ayodele williams says:

The first o Christ o my king was rendered was on palm Sunday 1982 and it was done will standing before yah rah mah but it was changed to it current status now by papa oschoffa. Pls let confirm things before posting.

2. Akossou Severin says:

No raising of hands during “Oh Christ oh my King” while kneeling down. It’s wrong and (if the incident of your charm is not correct it won’t work) to make your prayer answer fast kneeling and bow in high humility is right. Thank you.

3. Kasumu Ogunleye says:

I don’t see any significant reason in raising our hands whenever that song is being rendered. Why raising up of hands is to allow members to concentrate, and nothing more. This issue started during the time of highly respected Pastor Bada of blessed memory. It has nothing to do with bible but to allow worshippers to concentrate and focus. Celestial must be one by the grace of almighty God.

4. Evang. Adetunji Benjamin says:

“O Christ , O my King ” was too recent 1985 precisely, before the dwmise of Pastor S.B.J. Oshoffa of nlessed memories. And i washed in one of the video posted byOlatosho, ” O Christ ,O my King ” was sang standing.
    My argument is that , the authority concerned shoupd convey a true position to all members.
    I bow down my head while i recite the song at anytime and place.

• Samuel says:

I also watched a video like that, but the service dey were observing was a New Moon service. After the Jingling of d Bell, all rose up to sing O Kristi Oba mi while standing.. Dats a special serveice. Also some other special worship, it was also done that way, but not In a Sunday service.. All we are required to do is, bow in obeisance to the Lord our God.. Section 83 of our constitution backed that

• Samuel says:

5. Ayodele Oluwarotimi says:

Awesome

6. Tycoon says:

I DISAGREE YOU, what about shouting Halleluyah with hands-waving, will you say its biblical too? What about closing eyes when praying, is that biblical too? Stop aligning all Celestial doctrines with bible reference, Celestial Church of Christ is full of Mysteries. I rest my case.

7. SHONEYE ADELAJA says:

Don’t mix jingling of the bell with o Kristi Oba Mi your hands should be raised up while neeling down Papa himself taught us in Makoko OK

• Emmanuel says:

You are a blatant liar , show us a pictorial evidence or video if possible ….papa never taught such . Let’s stop all this fallacies and stick to the truth