The rate at which we have unmarried people in our society is quite alarming. Because age is not on their side and many of their juniors are married, many young ladies are even more eager to marry.
I would like to tell you that if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Being single is not a bad idea, but you should see it as the time to build yourself spiritually and physically and to have a clear definition of the kind of man or woman you desire.
Many have entered into wrong marriages because of desperation and have acted against the stipulated requirement of who to marry with regard to the Holy Bible. Before saying I do to any man or woman, you must have a clear understanding of the below factors.
1. Being single is an opportunity to work on yourself.
2. Don’t go into a relationship expecting your partner to change, while you want to be accepted for who you are.
3. Listening is more of an attitude than an ear.
4. Most people listen with the intent to respond, instead of listening with the intent to understand.
5. Marriage will reveal the flaws you ignored while single.
6. Train yourself to not be “needy” emotionally. Disappointments won’t have much effect on you.
7. Resentment means you have given too much in the wrong direction.
8. If a couple both pays attention only to their wants, the relationship is in trouble. They should see the relationship as something they both need to nurture.
9. Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
10. Be interested in someone apart from yourself, for once.
11. Marriage doesn’t change anything, but it magnifies the person you are before marriage.
12. Understanding these factors and supporting them with prayers makes you experience heaven on earth.
Follow Us On:
TWITTER: @Celenewsonline INSTAGRAM: celestialnews_CNO FACEBOOK: Celestial News Online
Readers and visitors of #CNO are entitled to, and responsible for the views, opinions and comments they leave on any of the articles on this site. The publisher and Editors of #CNO will therefore take no responsibility for the comments and any other such expression of any reader. Thanking you all for your patronage and time.