13 Strong Points You Need To Know About Midnight Prayers
The truth is that all the good things happen in the midnight because the night is more alive and more richly coloured than the day. Midnight hours are when the veil between the frail presents and the eternal future grows thin.
Just to enlighten you about midnight prayers. Most of us don’t understand why it’s important to pray in the midnight hour. May these points open your eyes and change your life.
- MIDNIGHT is a time of transition, from one day to another. God can bring a transition in your life as you pray at MIDNIGHT.
- MIDNIGHT is a time of great spiritual activity, both good and evil. Destinies of man are shaped and interrupted at MIDNIGHT. If you are not shaping your destiny at MIDNIGHT, then somebody may interrupt your life at MIDNIGHT.
- At a natural level great victories have been won when nations were caught by surprise as their armies were asleep at MIDNIGHT. Satan launches attacks at MIDNIGHT: he feeds people in their dreams at MIDNIGHT; he rapes others as they are asleep at MIDNIGHT, etc.
- Great calamities are spiritually effected at MIDNIGHT. God had to wait until midnight to execute judgment on Egypt: (Exodus 11:4-6) Then Moses said, “Thus says the LORD: ‘About MIDNIGHT I will go out into the midst of Egypt; and all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the firstborn of Pharaoh who sits on his throne, even to the firstborn of the female servant who is behind the hand mill, and all the firstborn of the animals.”
- Midnight is the time people are most vulnerable to spiritual attacks. It is the hour when enemies lay siege and render people defenseless. It is also the time that you can launch a deadly, surprise attack on your enemies’ camp.
- As a Christian, you can break open closed doors as you pray at MIDNIGHT. Samson lay low till MIDNIGHT; then he arose at MIDNIGHT, took hold of the doors of the gate of the city and the two gateposts, pulled them up, bar and all, put them on his shoulders, and carried them to the top of the hill that faces Hebron. (Judges 16:3)
- Mysterious things happen the most at MIDNIGHT. Have you lost anything or anyone very dear to you under mysterious circumstances? Chances are that the operation was carried out at the MIDNIGHT hour. Remember the harlot in Solomon’s time who lost her child by sleeping on it at MIDNIGHT and at MIDNIGHT she stole her friend’s child:
1 Kings 3:20 And she arose at MIDNIGHT, and took my son from beside me, while your handmaid slept, and laid it in her bosom, and laid her dead child in my bosom.
- Great spiritual transactions happen at MIDNIGHT. Solomon got wisdom from God at MIDNIGHT. If you are not receiving something good at midnight, then chance are high that there are evil changes happen against you at MIDNIGHT.
- Very wicked operations happen at MIDNIGHT but we can change that. We must arise and fight. We must wake up and pray. If we do, we can have great impact in our societies and churches.
- David, the man who never lost a single battle in all his life, has this to say:
At MIDNIGHT, I will rise and give thanks to You, because of your righteous judgments. (Psalm: 119:62)
What excuse do you have? Do you say, “I wish I arise but I’ll be tired”? Do you have a busier schedule than that of King David (president of the nation of Israel?). I don’t think so.
- Do you know better than what Paul and Silas knew? Who praised and worshipped God at MIDNIGHT:
But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was a great earthquake so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone’s chains were loosed. (Acts 16:25-26)
- MIDNIGHT is the best time to make serious intercession:
And He said to them, “which of you shall have a friend, and go to him at MIDNIGHT and say to him, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves; for a friend of mine has come to me on his journey, and I have nothing to set before him;’ And he will answer from within and say, ‘Do not trouble me; the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give it to you’? I say to you, though he will not rise and give to him because he’s his friend, yet because of his persistence he will rise and give him as many as he needs.” (Luke 11:5-8)
- Praying at MIDNIGHT is a sacrifice that will not go unrewarded. God sees our desperation through the sacrifices we make to Him.