Parent, especially mothers are the mirrors children look into for direction. Please, carefully look at the list below and identify where you may want to make amends on yourself or on the young ones you are bringing up.
Children, if not properly groomed may never get to the top in life, even if both parents are at the top of their careers.
Manners take you to where your education can’t irrespective of your status, wealth or your reach or influence.
1) Going to your child’s school indecently dressed. Think again.
2) Speaking rashly to your child’s teacher.
3) Cursing, using foul language or swear words in front of your children.
4) Using makeup on children.
5) Dressing your little children up indecently (they lose their sense of ‘princesshood’).
6) Putting earrings on your son’s ears.
7) Your child holds the cup or glassware by the brim and you don’t correct.
8) Your children don’t greet and you just feel they will come around one day because they have a mood swing. (You will be blamed for it)
9) Your children eat with their mouth opened and you feel they will grow up some day.
10) Your children bring home something you did not buy for them and you say nothing. (That is the beginning of stealing)
11) They talk back at you and you conclude it’s okay since you are a 21st century Mummy.
(You will hate yourself if they do that outside and they are disciplined)
12) They interrupt when you are speaking with another adult and you think they are bold and clever. (It’s really bad manners)
13) They exercise authority over the nanny and domestic staff and you let them be. (That is bad parenting)
14) They say things like “my driver is on his way…”
I do not advocate that children should call your domestic staff aunty or brother, calling them by name when they are not young people is not poise either. The use of Miss, Mr or Mrs will look good on them.
15) Your children don’t say a ‘thank you’ when they have been helped or served something and you are cool with that. (Bad parenting)
16) When your children cannot stand children who are less privileged.
18) When they pick their nose with their hands.
19) When they don’t wash their hands after visiting the washroom or after returning from school or outside visits.
20) When your children take something from the fridge without taking permission. (Bad parenting)
21) When your children don’t knock on closed doors and wait for a response before opening the door.
22) When your children don’t collect from your hands items you brought in as you walk into your home.
23) When your children request for a bribe to carry out their home chores or extra tasks. (That is disgraceful )
24) When your children act like their grandparents irritate them.
25) When your children have not learnt to get up from the chair for the elderly or visitors to sit.
26) When your child tells a lot of lies. (You will both cry in the future)
27) When your child asks “who is that?” at a knock on your door instead of “please, who is there.”
28) When your child is always seated by your visitors when being served drinks etc.
29) When your children still point their fingers at other people.
30) When your children play and jump around when prayers are going on.(age 4 above).
Don’t be a 21st Century parent who cannot correct a child. Train your child in the way of the Lord so that when he grows up he will not depart from it.
It is better to let your children cry at an early age when you correct them, if not you will both cry at night when they bring disgrace to the family with bad and terrible behaviours.
Follow us on TWITTER: @Celenewsonline
FACEBOOK: Celestial News Online