It’s really a pathetic story to read as Kazeem Adetola, one of the CCC Students fellowship, MediLag, Idi-Araba, Lagos, is still in shock as he informed us of this ugly incident. According to him, a University of Lagos undergraduate has committed suicide. She poisoned herself for being accused of theft and because of the manner, in which her roommates harassed her, she drank Sniper, hours later she gave up the ghost, leaving her mother in a very bad state.
Kazeem Asetola gave an account of how the beautiful lady popularly called Mide died. she was a friend of Christ as Adetola said it.
“With a disheartening heart, we write to inform you of the Demise of Ariyibi Ayomide, a Student of UNILAG, from the faculty of Business Administration in Department of Employee Relations and Human Resources Management (ER & HRM), 100 Level.
An incident happened in her room (Amina Hostel) which involved the missing of belongings (which includes make up and clothes) of another girl in the same room. On Thursday, some of the belongings of the fellow roommate was found in Ayomide’s bag (scattered in three different bags – make up in one of her bags, clothes a bag and some clothes in another bag making three of Ayomide’s bag).
The issue became so tensed that her roommates started calling her names, shouting atop their voices that they have caught a thief in their room, it was a sorry state for her as she covered her face with shame and saying she didn’t know about how those things got to her bags.
To safe the situation, Ayomide called her mum and her mum came down the next day (Friday) to settle the issue. The missing make-up kit was valued at #2000 in which her mum paid. After that, her mum told her to pack her bags and follow her home which she did but as she was going the roommates were still shouting on her while they were within the school premises.
Her mum took her home and went back to work (her mum is a non-academic staff of UNILAG). Ayomide was the only one left at home when she took sniper in the afternoon. Her mum came back in the evening and saw her child in a critical state. So she asked what happened to her; Ayomide who couldn’t utter a word was pointing at an empty bottle of the sniper she took in a corner.
Immediately her mum gave her palm oil but the issue seemed to be more complicated so she rushed her to a medical centre at Ebute Metta, still results were not favourable, she was then taken to LUTH (MediLag).
Ayo gave up the ghost in LUTH some minutes past 7pm yesterday. That’s the sad story REST IN PEACE AYOMIDE!!!
Follow us on TWITTER: @Celenewsonline
FACEBOOK: Celestial News Online