The Bible tells us that “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked, who can know it”- Jeremiah 17:9. As a result of the condition of the heart, many people find pleasures in things that would cause many of us to feel ashamed and guilty, things like deceiving people with no conscience, hurting others with no remorse, spinning outrageous fabrications to ruin someone’s reputation, scamming people of all their savings, raping someone, even children.
Because of how deceptive these people are, sometimes it is very difficult for us to identify them and as a result at times fall into their snares. These people are even in the church as the Bible clearly tells us that among God’s people there are wolves in sheep’s clothing (Jeremiah 23:14; Titus 1:10; Acts 20: 29). People that have an evil and or wicked heart will not repent when they hurt others, and if they do it is not from their heart but only from their lips.
How can you identify someone that has a wicked and evil heart?
– They have no conscience for young, old, or poor. They are only concern about themselves. People with an evil heart strive on the pain they cause others. They have no concern about who get hurts, as long as their desires are met (Proverbs 2: 14-15; Isaiah 32: 6).
– People with an evil heart want to have control. These people will not listen to instructions as they think they are always right. They will try to undermine the authority of others and see themselves as answerable only to themselves. They will even use the word of God to their own advantage but will never adhere to scriptures that are against their conduct.
– People with an evil heart will play on the heart and good-will of others
No matter how much they hurt others, they will demand forgiveness and empathy from them without any form of repentance. They will always make excuses for what they did and make you believe they have been wronged. They want forgiveness and warmth from others but will give any.
– They are very deceptive using smooth speech and flattering words to get what they want.
They have no concern about what their smooth speech and flattering words will cause; all they are concern with is accomplishing their end goal (Psalms 36:1-4).
– They create confusion and contention.
People that have an evil heart will try to twist the facts, mislead others, are not afraid of telling lies, they do not take responsibility for their actions, and even will withhold valuable information (Psalms 10:7 58:3)
When they are confronted they will behave as if they are sorry for what they have done, but truly they are not. The Bible shows us that when someone is truly sorry for what they did they are eager to make amends (see Zacchaeus’ response when he repented of his greed in Luke 19).
If a wicked person is confronted and says he or she have repented, then there should be some changes in that person’s behavior. There will not be a total change in one day, but there should be gradual changes of that person repentance.
The Bible says that “The wicked will continue to be wicked” (Daniel 12:10), as he delights in wickedness (Proverbs 2: 14), so let me ask you the question, do you think an evil person can really change?
Too much evil people out there. It is important to look out for such person with these characteristics and do away with them if they have failed to repent.
May God help us all!
-Abosede Mary Olanigan
Follow us on TWITTER: @Celenewsonline
FACEBOOK: Celestial News Online