Five Stones You Need To Destroy Goliath Of Your Life
The word Goliath is not new to every Christian on the Face of the planet earth. Goliath is a famous giant of Gath of the Philistines, who for forty days openly defied the armies of Israel and the people of God. The Bible describes him as been 10 1/2feet tall and armed to the teeth. 1 Samuel 17:1-11
Goliath is a name that portrays problems, difficulties, challenges, war, spiritual battle of any kind, generational curse, etc. There is always a Goliath in the life of any believer calling you out to war everyday. This may be one problem or the other.
Another thing common with Goliath is that, it strikes fear into the heart of the children of God. 1 Samuel 17:11
Goliath tends to disturb every now and then. It makes one to cry, weep, and gnash teeth everyday. That is, Goliath is a reoccurring spiritual battle in the lives of a Christian. 1 Samuel 17:16. Goliath often makes Christians to be weak, feeble and subjected to mockery. 1 Samuel 17:24
However, in order to defeat a “Goliath” in your life, you need the following as a Christian.
- You must be a true Christian. That is, you must be free from sin and be born again.
- You must be filled with the holy spirit. 1 Samuel 16:13.
- When you are ready to confront the Goliath in your live, there will always be an “Eliab” to distract you. Therefore, never listen or pay attention to distractions in the course of confronting that Goliath in your live. 1 Samuel 17:28
- In other to defeat Goliath of your live, you need to reference God and give God all the adoration He deserved. 1 Samuel 17:32-37
- Another important thing you have to note in the course of confronting your Goliath is that, you can not fight Goliath with canal weapons. 1 Samuel 17:38-39.You can not fight spiritual battle with canal weapons
- Please note, in 1 Samuel 17:40, something happened. The Bible told us that David took his (a) sling and (b) five smooth stones out of the Brook. Every Christian too must possess there own sling (your tongue/a willing heart) and your five stones (Prayer, Fasting, Faith, Worship and Thanksgiving). Therefore, the spiritual weapon to defeat that spiritual battle, problems, attacks, etc confronting you requires you to have a willing heart and tongue to pray fervently, fasting from time to time, because the Bible makes us to understand that without prayers and fasting no Miracles can take place.
- Again to defeat your Goliath you need to hold unto your faith in God for the Bible says a doubter will receive nothing from God. Again, another weapon you need to defeat your Goliath is the spirit of true worship and thanksgiving. Every Christian that want to defeat their Goliath must know how to worship and give thanksgiving offering to God. Nothing annoy the devil like when we truly give God worship and thanksgiving offering.
- Every Christian must always remind and confront is Goliath with the name of the almighty God. 1 Samuel 17:44-47
- In verse 50 of chapter 17 of first book of Samuel,bible says David prevailed over the Goliath with a sling and a stone. Therefore, every Christian must be ready to use (A willing heart/tongue, prayer, fasting, faith, worship, and thanksgiving) to defeat their problems of any sought.
- Note, when you defeat your goliath you must destroy every traces of it in your live. And you must not relax in your defeat of the goliath. 1 Samuel 17:51-54.
Celestial hymn 467 says:
1.Conquer for us Jesus Christ, we who are thy own servants, In the midst of enemies, Father come conquer 2.Upon this rest, our faith, Thou wilt surely conquer death, come conquer for us today, father come conquer 3.Upon this rests, our faith, That Thou art with us always, Do not forsake thy servants, father come conquer. Amen
I pray this day that almighty God will surely conquer all the spiritual battles that might be confronting you in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
As you read this sermon do not forget to drop your comments, questions, suggestions and prayer requests in the comments box below. Remain bless in the Lord.
Follow us on TWITTER: @Celenewsonline INSTAGRAM: celestialnews_CNO FACEBOOK: Celestial News Online