Symbol Of Humility Or Lack Of Spiritual Understanding Of The Bible? (Photo)

May 20, 2017 / Alonge Michael / Code Of Conduct / 8 Comments »

This is Sup. Evangelist Bayo Nathaniel Olojede of CCC Ibuje Eran Parish, Province J head, Ijeshatedo, Lagos. No doubt, Baba as he’s fondly called is an embodiment of humility. He’s said to be fond of saying sir/ma to anyone who has come in contact with him. Probably Baba is respecting the message in the Book of Hymns of CCC number 773 stanza two line seven that says …’let’s respect one another, respect of holiness.’

But concerning this photo before you, do we really regard this as symbol of humility or that Baba is a bit tired to stand to receive the spiritual message or what?

The Bible has made us superior to the angels and if we have to respect any angel, it should be the one on the throne of grace, Jehovah!

Revelation 22:8-9 And I am John, the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had shown me these things. But he said to me, “Do not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book. Worship God!”

Readers and visitors of #CNO are entitled to, and responsible for the views, opinion and comments they leave on any of the articles on this site. The publisher and Editors of #CNO will therefore take no responsibility for the comments and any other such expression of any reader. Thanking you all for your patronage and time.

8 responses to “Symbol Of Humility Or Lack Of Spiritual Understanding Of The Bible? (Photo)”

1. David Oluwafemi says:

Kneeling or not kneeling does not guarantee salvation or a place in Heaven. There are so much issues that needs serious attention in Celestial Church than this kneeling or not kneeling issue. Please let use this medium to discuss more soul lifting and edifying topics , to educate and develop our spiritual life. Thanks

2. vicky jimoh says:

brother ubibi,may God increase u in knowledge. I concur with u. Its the holy spirit speaking, not the woman. Baba has done well,but the choice is yours.

3. Olusheyi Coker says:

Sin as turned many thing,when God call Moses immediately Moses neal down for d message of God,but for nw we can not here directly frm God,but God is sending his prophet to us.Mo gbe oro mi ga ju oruko mi lo

4. Officialdreyzil says:

This is spiritual lack of understanding it is the prophetess that ought to be on her kneels while the evangelist should stand because his rank his higher than her own

5. Nkwachukwu says:

Can saying sir or ma or even kneeling mean you are humble? If it does, it mean no one in other part of the world is humble, for example, the use of sir/ma or kneeling is not something common among the british. So how then do we address this? Its like saying that Nigerians are the most God fearing nation in the world bcos they worship, or go to church a lot or bcos on their streets and roads they have too many churches as there could be over ten different churches on just one street alone, but they are the most wicked if you take a very close look, ppl that have no fear of God, no respect for humanity, they derive joy in oppression, leaders derive joy in make life very impossible for the poor and the poor have to worship and magnify the rich/leaders just to survive. A topic for another day, what I am trying to make you understand here is that it takes more than kneeling down, saying sir/ma to be humble. Leave it or take.

6. Ubibi Godwin Jr says:

Baba is receiving message from God via the Holy Spirit, this is God speaking through a wolima and there is nothing wrong if he kneels down. They are in the Mercy Land(Ile Anu), a place where the presence of God resides. The Mercy Land has a alter which signify the 7 spirits of God… For me, this picture obviously shows that Baba is humble man tried and true – no faking… I dont believe there is nothing wrong if bow to angels, as long as long as its an act of respect as opposed to an act of worship, it’s okay with me, after all we do kneel before elders, pastors, kings and parents talk more of angelic being . There have been instances where great men have bowed before angels and that wasn’t a big deal, Genesis 19:1 The two angels came to Sodom in the evening; and Lot was sitting in the gate of Sodom. When Lot saw them, he rose to meet them, and bowed himself with his face to the earth… Daniel 8:15-17 When I, Daniel, had seen the vision, I sought to understand it; and behold, there stood before me one having the appearance of a man. [16] And I heard a man’s voice between the banks of the U’lai, and it called, “Gabriel, make this man understand the vision.” [17] So he came near where I stood; and when he came, I was frightened and fell upon my face. But he said to me, “Understand, O son of man, that the vision is for the time of the end.”
    In other words, I will say worship and adoration is reserved for God alone, while veneration and honor is encouraged to be offered to worthy, saintly men and the holy angels. All this is clearly seen in the Bible, in the examples above.

7. ayo says:

Baba is kneeling b4 God…inside d Mercyland…

8. Ellen says:

This has nothing to do with humility. It’s very very wrong for him to kneel down for the woli ma giving him message. Maybe the editor is right that he’s probably tired of standing